onsdag den 11. juli 2007

Tuesday July 10th

It was nice having some days off and getting a bit of distance to the recordings. Arvid went to Roskilde Festival, Jakob recorded some percussion on his own and went back to work and I spent time with my wife trying to organize things for our baby, which is to be born pretty soon. But now I'm back on my own here in Hamburg, and it feels good to be in Ton Hotel again. The songs sound fantastic to my ears! I still need to do a couple of vocals, some guitars here and there and maybe even an occational piano part... we'll see. Udo and I decided to just take it easy and do whatever comes to mind. We started with One By One, which is probably the song on the album that sounds less like anything we've ever done. We added some electronics to it and it's almost a danceable tune now. It was quite hard getting the vocals sound right for this, but we finally got a decent take... Actually it was great, but just so hard getting it sound right. After this we did vocals for Iron To Skin, which is more aggressive... It was great to yell those lyrics out and we got a super take. We also recorded some guitars for Legitimate, and after this we were too tired to work any longer...

Mikkel / Barra Head

Ingen kommentarer: